This recipe is very quick and easy, great for nights like tonight where i forgot to get any meat out of the freezer early enough ..
The recipe comes from a book I bought when I lived in Malaysia ... The author is Australian, Jane Strecker, living in Kuala Lumpur and the photographs were taken by the photographer, Sarah Grasset, i used to work with when i lived in KL....
The idea of her book is a fantastic one, its called Family to Fabulous, so each recipe has a family recipe and then on the next page is a fabulous recipe .. so the same family recipe pimped up to look very flash lol ... for those dinner guests over the age of 10 :) ...
I have change the recipe a bit to suit us ... I will type up the recipe as in the book and let you know what I change ..
RATINGS for ease of cooking 10
RATINGS for yumminess from the kids 9
8 rindless bacon rashers, chopped into small pieces
4 eggs (I only use one egg, I can't stop it going scrambled egg like so I stick to one)
1 cup cream (low fat is suitable)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the grated parmesan in the bag is ok too)
4 spring onions (I only use 2)
Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
(I also add mushrooms, this just adds a bit of extra flavour and yumminess - probably around 100g, chopped)
1. Fry the bacon in a frying pan, then add mushrooms. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cheese and spring onion. Add the bacon and mushroom mix and stir through.
3. Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan.
4. Pour the sauce mixture over the spaghetti and stir through over low heat until the sauce mixture is just warmed through. Avoid heating too long as the egg will start to resemble scrambled egg.
5. Serve with extra parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top ...
DOWNLOAD THIS RECIPE
September 7th and 8th at Sunday Suppers
1 hour ago