You are going to love this recipe....It is so easy to cook and it is really yummy, even the kids say so.
Chicken Korma, it isn't spicy so don't worry about adding the 1/4 cup of paste. The dip, of course, is optional. I have cooked this now 4 times and only last night did I make the dip. The kids weren't that fussed, but I think that was because it had visible green bits in it ... lol ...
Chicken Korma (Serves 6)
90g (1/3 cup) Greek style natural yoghurt
60g (1/4 cup) korma curry paste (This is not spicy, so good for the kids)
1 tsp garam masala
pinch of saffron threads *
800g chicken thighs fillets, cut into pieces
60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
2 brown onions (I only use one), finely chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
1 tbs vegetable oil, extra
55g (1/3 cup) raw cashews
50g (1/4 cup) raisins
12 fresh curry leaves
* I don't use these
1. Combine the yoghurt, curry paste, garam masala and saffron in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the
chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes
or until golden.
3. Stir in the chicken. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 mintues. Add the cream and simmer for a
further 5 mintues or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Season with salt.
4. Meanwhile, heat the extra oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add cashews, raisins and curry leaves.
Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cashews are golden and the raisins are plump.
5. Transfer the curry to a serving dish. Top with cashew mixture to serve.
Coriander and mint chutney with pappadums
70g (1/4 cup) Greek style yoghurt
1/4 cup fresh coriander sprigs
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
2 tsp tamarind chutney (available from the supermarket)
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt. Prepare the pappadums according to the packet. (My food processor wasn’t working so I just chopped the herbs, still turned out nice)
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE HERE