Monday, March 15, 2010

Lemon,Honey and Chilli Prawns with Zucchini and Tomato Pasta ...

A fabulous combination, taken from the most recent Donna Hay Magazine (Summer). I did cheat a bit though .. instead of fresh green prawns I bought frozen green prawns that were peeled all but the tail. I know fresh would better, but sometimes I just don't have the time.... another popular meal, even Mr 12 who is not a huge fan of prawns ate the lot .. ENJOY !


Zucchini and Tomato Pasta

2 tbsp olive oil
2 sliced garlic cloves
1/2 tsp chillit flakes
2 tsp lemon zest
250g cherry tomatoes
2 thinly sliced zucchini
spaghetti
lemon juice
basil
grated parmesan cheese


Add oil, garlic, chilli flakes and lemon zest and cook for a minute. Add 250 halved cherry tomatoes and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add cooked warm spaghetti, lemon juice, basil and grated parmesan, salt and pepper and toss to combine.


Lemon, Honey and Chilli Prawns

500g peeled and deveined green prawns
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp honey
1 chopped red chilli (I left this out because of the kids)
2 tbsp olive oil

Combine all ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes. Thread prawns onto skewers and cook on a low char-grill or BBQ for 2 minutes each side, serve with lime wedges coriander.

Because of time contraints I didn't thread them on to skewers I just cooked them and added the prawns to the top of the pasta.








1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. Where is the menu plan?? I need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails