Chocolate Chip Slice
150g butter, at room temperature
100g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
250g Nestle Choc Bits dark
110g pkt almond meal
75g plain flour
75g self-raising flour
80g white cooking chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160 c. Brush a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan with melted butter. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Stir in the choc bits, almond meal, combined flour and milk.
3. Spread the mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water ( make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water ). Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts and is smooth.
5. Use a fork to drizzle the melted white chocolate over the slice. Set aside to set. Cut into pieces.
Recipe from Good Taste baking booklet
|Chocolate Chip Slice|
DOWNLOAD RECIPE HERE