Monday, June 1, 2009

Baked Coconut and Coriander Fish ...

You have to try this dish ! ..... its easy and so very yummy. I always struggle with fish dishes, in that I can never find recipes that everyone likes and are quick and easy. This one is a definite repeat dinner.

RATINGS

Yumminess as judged by the kids .. 10 .. their plates were empty.
Ease of cooking 9 .. only because I hate cutting up raw fish :)


Baked Coconut and Coriander Fish


1 x 270ml can light coconut cream (although I used coconut milk)
1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3cm pieces
1 x 250g SunRice long grain white rice in 90 seconds (I used 1 cup long grain rice and pre cooked it)
4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
2 tsp fish sauce
400g Basa fillets, cut into 4 cm pieces (Basa is a firm fillet, so an equivalent fish would do, I don't know my fish so I can't offer an alternative)
30g (1/3 cup) dried multigrain breadcrumbs
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind


1. Preheat oven to 200c. Place the coconut cream in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add broccolini, rice, shallot, coriander and fish sauce. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

2. Stir in the fish. Transfer to a 2L (8cup) capacity ovenproof dish.

3. Combine breadcrumbs and lemon rind in a bowl. Sprinkle over the fish mixture. Bake, covering with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning, for 20-25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden. (I found I had to cook it a bit longer to make sure the fish was cook)


Thats it ! Enjoy ...

DOWNLOAD THIS RECIPE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails