Another yummy dinner :) ..... This recipe is from the Good Taste magazine that Woolworths sell. This recipe could be done in one big baking dish if you like, but I thought it would be fun to have individual dishes (ramekins).
Yumminess rating by the kids ... 8 ... they don't like mushrooms :)
Ease of Cooking 10 ..
Chicken and Mushroom Pies
600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
1tbs wholegrain mustard
2 tsp Olive Oil
600g single chicken breast fillets, cut into pieces
1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced
250g cup mushrooms, halved
125ml (1/2cup) dry white wine
1 tbs flour
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add half the butter and half the cream. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mustard.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chick to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the leek and mushroom, and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until the wine has reduced by half. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth. Place over medium-high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the chicken and remaining cream.
4. Divide chicken mixture among four 310ml (1 1/4 cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Use a spoon to spread the potato mixture over the chicken mixture.
5. Place on the lined tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
DOWNLOAD THIS RECIPE
Teaching a workshop in Sicily — October 2017
8 months ago